United Hebrew Cemetery has served the St. Louis Jewish community for more than 170 years. Established in 1840 as the first Jewish cemetery in the City of St. Louis, it moved to its current location at the corner of North and South Road and Canton Avenue in 1866 when it was initially surrounded by farmland. With generations of rabbis, congregants and members of the St. Louis Jewish community resting here, United Hebrew Congregation has a genuine sense of pride and commitment to its historic cemetery.
- Situated on 20 acres of land in University City, the cemetery is centrally located with easy access to most city and nearby suburban population centers.
- Jewish and non-Jewish family members may be buried next to one another in all areas of the cemetery.
- Individuals and families may choose traditional burial or interment of cremated remains
- Burial plots are available to both members and non-members of United Hebrew Congregation.